Asha
Small Blue Thing, by Suzanne Vega.Today I am
A small blue thing
Like a marble
Or an eye
With my knees against my mouth
I am perfectly round
I am watching you
I am cold against your skin
You are perfectly reflected
I am lost inside your pocket
I am lost against
Your fingers
I am falling down the stairs
I am skipping on the sidewalk
I am thrown against the sky
I am raining down in pieces
I am scattering like light
Scattering like light
Scattering like light
Today I am
A small blue thing
Made of china
Made of glass
I am cool and smooth and curious
I never blink
I am turning in your hand
Turning in your hand
Small blue thing
Reid Addison
My Punishment for Fighting, by The Rosebuds.The street lights flicker the bright ideal
The breath of lovers shout like clicking heels
The kids are running, a boundlessness I once knew
A bigger man would have to fall if guilt drained all his youth
Follow the river past the city gate
Near the county access is where I'll wait
And it's just a nightmare 'cause I'll never again see you
A bigger man would surely fall if he lost his love too
I could never be all you need me to
My punishment is living without you
I could never leave and come to comfort you
My guilt is not your burden now that you know it's true
Dress yourself in courage when you go down there
Tell the county courthouse just where I'll be
And don't ever look back, run as far as you can go
'Cause I'll never be able to love anymore
I could never be all you need me to
My punishment is living without you
I could never leave and come back home to you
Don't suffer for my fighting, don't sacrifice your view
I could never leave and come to comfort you
My punishment is living without you
I could never give a simple life to you
Don't suffer for my fighting, don't sacrifice your own view
Desmond Doyle
The Beginning is the End is the Beginning, by The Smashing Pumpkins.
Send a heartbeat to
The void that cries through you
Relive the pictures that have come to pass
For now we stand alone
The world is lost and blown
And we are flesh and blood disintegrate
With no more to hate
Is it bright where you are
Have the people changed
Does it make you happy you're so strange
And in your darkest hour
I hold secrets flame
We can watch the world devoured in its pain
Delivered from the blast
The last of a line of lasts
The pale princess of a palace cracked
And now the kingdom comes
Crashing down undone
And I am a master of a nothing place
Of recoil and grace
Is it bright where you are
Have the people changed
Does it make you happy you're so strange
And in your darkest hour
I hold secrets flame
We can watch the world devoured in its pain
Time has stopped before us
The sky cannot ignore us
No one can separate us
For we are all that is left
The echo bounces off me
The shadow lost beside me
There's no more need to pretend
Cause now I can begin again
Is it bright where you are
Have the people changed
Does it make you happy you're so strange
And in your darkest hour
I hold secrets flame
We can watch the world devoured in its pain
Strange
Strange
Strange
Nanda Indrani
Brighter Days, by 27.
you can have but cannot keep
you can sow but cannot reap
it gets dark so fast these days
assume the dawn then burn away
light years away
we're here to stay
and fade out
to feel your warmth and see it rise
with the future revolutionized
like some so decreed charade
(believing you were here to stay)
move closer just to see your face
light years apart
the mind is lost in the heart
light years away
looking on to brighter days
looking on to brighter days
looking on to brighter days
everything has gone from blue to grey
so show me to them, show me right away
the air is thin my head is spinning
when to stop where to begin
looking on to brighter days
looking on to brighter days
looking on to brighter days
holding on for brighter days
Elene Stavros
Wo Qui Non Coin, by The Seatbelts.
My puppy
isn't here
he has white feet and a white tail
we were together all the time
my puppy
isn't here
he has white ears and a white back
even though we were always together
My tears have dried up
everyday I hope
hurry
come back
rainy days and windy days
but everyday I know
I want you
so hurry, come back
Bastian Kovachev
I Grieve, by Peter Gabriel.It was only one hour ago
It was all so different then
Theres nothing yet has really sunk in
Looks like it always did
This flesh and bone
Its just the way that you would tied in
Now theres no-one home
I grieve for you
You leave me
so hard to move on
Still loving whats gone
They say life carries on
Carries on and on and on and on
The news that truly shocks is the empty empty page
While the final rattle rocks its empty empty cage
And I cant handle this
I grieve for you
You leave me
Let it out and move on
Missing whats gone
They say life carries on
They say life carries on and on and on
Life carries on
In the people I meet
In everyone thats out on the street
In all the dogs and cats
In the flies and rats
In the rot and the rust
In the ashes and the dust
Life carries on and on and on and on
Life carries on and on and on
Its just the car that we ride in
A home we reside in
The face that we hide in
The way we are tied in
And life carries on and on and on and on
Life carries on and on and on
Did I dream this belief?
Or did I believe this dream?
Now I can find relief
I grieve
Aki de Leon
Carrion, by Fiona Apple.Wont do no good to hold no seance
Whats gone is gone and you cant bring it back around
Wont do no good to hold no searchlight
You cant illuminate what time has anchored down
Oh, honey (Ive gone a-)
Oh, honey (Ive gone a-)
Oh, honey (Ive gone away)
Wont do no good to sing no love song
No sound could simulate the presence of a man
Wont do no good asking no questions
Your divination should acquaint you with the plan
Oh, honey (Ive gone a-)
Oh, honey (Ive gone a-)
Oh, honey (Ive gone away)
My feel for you, boy, is decaying in front of me
Like the carrion of murdered prey
And all I want is to save you, honey
Or the strength to walk away
Wont do no good to go no distance
The space between us is as boundless as the dark
Wont do no good to throw no fist, babe
You cant intimidate me back into your arms
Oh, honey (Ive gone a-)
Oh, honey (Ive gone a-)
Oh, honey (Ive gone away)
My feel for you, boy, is decaying in front of me
Like the carrion of a murdered prey
And all I want is to save you, honey
Or the strength to walk away
My feel for you, boy, is decaying in front of me
Like the carrion of a murdered prey
And all I want is to save you, honey
Or the strength to walk away
Seamus Walsh
Affirmation, by Savage Garden.I believe the sun should never set upon an argument
I believe we place our happiness in other people's hands
I believe that junk food tastes so good because it's bad for you
I believe your parents did the best job they knew how to do
I believe that beauty magazines promote low self esteem
I believe I'm loved when I'm completely by myself alone
I believe in Karma what you give is what you get returned
I believe you can't appreciate real love 'til you've been burned
I believe the grass is no more greener on the other side
I believe you don't know what you've got until you say goodbye
I believe you can't control or choose your sexuality
I believe that trust is more important than monogamy
I believe your most attractive features are your heart and soul
I believe that family is worth more than money or gold
I believe the struggle for financial freedom is unfair
I believe the only ones who disagree are millionaires
I believe in Karma what you give is what you get returned
I believe you can't appreciate real love 'til you've been burned
I believe the grass is no more greener on the other side
I believe you don't know what you've got until you say goodbye
I believe forgiveness is the key to your own happiness
I believe that wedded bliss negates the need to be undressed
I believe that God does not endorse tv evangelists
I believe in love surviving death into eternity
I believe in Karma what you give is what you get returned
I believe you can't appreciate real love 'til you've been burned
I believe the grass is no more greener on the other side
I believe you don't know what you've got until you say goodbye(Repeat 2)
Until you say goodbye
Oh no no no no no ( Repeats itself many times fading)
Caroline Smith
All This Time, by The Heartless Bastards.It's been a long day
When nothing seems to be going my way
I really don't need a lot
Just trying to hold on to what I got
Lord knows it's been a while
Since my face has cracked a smile
So hot in the midday sun
Seem to be burning everyone
Oh self destruction it is keeping me from functioning
I try to build things up
I build things up
And I tear them down
Oh I'm escaping
I'm escaping this big blue day
And now I'm trying
Trying to look out into the horizon
Oh I got no motivation
Oh I need some inspiration
Try and get some motivation
To help me
Help me get through this day
And then the winter comes
I'm hardly seeing any sun
Hibernation's taking me
Into a distant sleep
Lord knows it's been a while
Since my face has cracked a smile
So cold in the winter months
Seem to be chilling everyone
Oh self destruction it is keeping me from functioning
And I try to build things up
I build things up
And I tear them down
Oh I'm escaping
I'm escaping this big blue day
And now I am trying
Trying to look out into the horizon
Oh I've got no motivation
Oh I need some inspiration
I try and get some motivation
To help me
Help me get through this day
Oh I'm escaping
I'm escaping this big blue day
And now I am trying
Trying to look out into the horizon
Oh I'm escaping
I'm escaping this big blue day
And now I am trying
Trying to look out into the horizon
Keven Leoni
Narcissus, by Alanis Morisette
Dear momma's boy I know you've had your butt licked by your mother
I know you've enjoyed all that attention from her
And every woman graced with your presence after
Dear narcissus boy I know you've never really apologized for anything
I know you've never really taken responsibility
I know you've never really listened to a woman
Dear me-show boy I know you're not really into conflict resolution
Or seeing both sides of every equation
Or having an uninterrupted conversation
And any talk of healthiness
And any talk of connectedness
And any talk of resolving this
Leaves you running for the door
(why why do I try to love you
Try to love you when you really don't want me
To)
Dear egotist boy you've never really had to suffer any consequence
You've never stayed with anyone longer than ten minutes
You'd never understand anyone showing resistance
Dear popular boy I know you're used to getting everything so easily
A stranger to the concept of reciprocity
People honor boys like you in this society
And any talk of selflessness
And any talk of working at this
And any talk of being of service
Leaves you running for the door
(why why do I try to help you try to help you
When you really don't want me to)
You go back to the women who will dance the dance
You go back to your friends who will lick your ass
You go back to ignoring all the rest of us
You go back to the center of your universe
Dear self centered boy I don't know why I still feel affected by you
I've never lasted very long with someone like you
I never did although I have to admit I wanted to
Dear magnetic boy you've never been with anyone who doesn't take your shit
You've never been with anyone who's dared to call you on it
I wonder how you'd be if someone were to call you on it
And any talk of willingness
And any talk of both feet in
And any talk of commitment
Leaves you running for the door
(why why do I try to change you try to
Try to change you when you really don't
Want me to)
You go back to the women who will dance the dance
You go back to your friends who will lick your ass
You go back to being so oblivious
You go back to the center of the universe

No comments:
Post a Comment