Chapter 34 and 35 have been posted! Asha wakes up, and Nanda talks to Bastian.
Blah blah disclaimer blah: Okay, so here's the deal. I'm a much better writer than I was when I started this, and as I'm approaching the end I've found that I am very unhappy with the beginning, even after editing. So I am going to go ahead and blaze on through to the finish line, then edit the whole damned thing after a break to finish my Other Book and get it in manuscript format. Why the break? Because two of the narrators will be changing tenses, and I'm so angry at all the characters right now that it isn't even funny.
Don't expect to see more Draft Two chapters, and if you notice pacing inconsistencies, be not afraid: I've noticed them too, which is why I'll be glad to have the whole thing done so I can get to work on making a polished story of this lovely little serial of mine.
Expect updates often until the end. I originally projected it ending at "Chapter 35," but I think it's going to go to 38 now, as Desmond has brought a new arc to my attention.
----
Book One is now in second draft form! Check the links below to read it. There are some pretty big changes that occurred, so it might be worth a second read. :3
If you're one of the new people just joining us you'll want to read through Book One Chapters 1-6, then click on Chapter 17 under [chapter list] to continue the story.
You're not missing any material; I condensed the chapters, is all.
Because I know that time is always time/ And place is always and only place/ And what is actual is actual only for one time/ And only for one place/ I rejoice that things are as they are and/ I renounce the blessèd face.
No comments:
Post a Comment